16 August 2011

... of the week

Song: Roxanne. I was doing the Police today and ended up on Roxanne for four or five straight listens - Sting's vocal owned me. It really is off the charts, the vocal, has to be one of the top of all time, no?

Live Act: My Morning Jacket - obviously. No one that I listen to produces the sustained energy that they do during their shows. They are wild animals - definitely a must see when they come to your town. Check out 1:45 or so in that video - we were all shooting lightning out of our faces.

Album: I got nothing right now - I'm sure Sprinks will have something on Deer Tick's Divine Providence soon though.

1 comment:

  1. That MMJ show was one of the better ones I've seen them put on live. Nice redition of Butch Cassidy during that one. "the lightning" was insane. State Theater is a great place for a show.

    ReplyDelete