16 May 2011

Jim James solo

My Morning Jacket Frontman Has Almost Finished Solo Album
By Andrew Tijs
17 hours ago (Mon, 16 May 2011 14:31:14 +1000)
Just before My Morning Jacket release their new album, frontman Jim James has spoken about his solo debut.

According to The A.V. Club, James is “80 percent done” on his solo album, which has a projected release date of early 2012.

It’s his first official solo album, not counting the 2009 EP of George Harrison covers Tribute To under the moniker Yim Yames.

He described the album to The A.V. Club as “a comfortably lounging around the house thing, doing whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I just love playing all sorts of different instruments, so I just wanted to be able to do that, and mess around with whatever I wanted to."

He also admits that the songs could well be performed by My Morning Jacket, but that a mysterious “genetic code” within the tunes means “They tell me they want to be on a solo record.”

In the meantime, the rootsy folk stars release their follow-up to 2008’s top ten charting Evil Urges, the band’s sixth album Circuital, on May 31.

1 comment: