15 March 2011

1994

As it turns out the albums released in 1994 were some of the best albums of the 90s. My guess is the ones you own you haven’t listened to in a while but using the links and list below I applied Lane’s TALL formula and I came up with my top 8 from 1994. I also added the 3 albums from 1994 that I listened to a lot at the time but I will probably never listen to again.

1. Stone Temple Pilots – Purple
2. Black Crowes – Amorica
3. Pearl Jam – Vitalogy
4. Live – Throwing Copper
5. Nirvana – MTV Unplugged
6. Alice in Chains – Jar of Flies
7. Beastie Boys – Ill Communication
8. Jeff Buckley – Grace

Had a good run, but
1. Korn – Korn
2. The Offspring – Smash
3. Bush – Sixteen Stone (borderline, maybe another play just for the memories)

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/justarunner/25_best_albums_of_1994
http://www.besteveralbums.com/yearstats.php?y=1994
Live – Throwing Copper
Blur — Parklife
Oasis – Definitely Maybe
311 – Grassroots
Pearl Jam – Vitalogy
NIN – The Downward Spiral
Weezer – Weezer
Bush – Sixteen Stone
Nirvana – MTV Unplugged
Beck – Mellow Gold
R.E.M. – Monster
Beastie Boys – Ill Communication
Jeff Buckley – Grace
Korn – Korn
Black Crowes – Amorica
Stone Temple Pilots – Purple
The Offspring – Smash
Green Day – Dookie
Alice in Chains – Jar of Flies
Nas – Illmatic
The Notorious B.I.G. – Ready to Die
* TALL - Total Anticipated Lifetime Listens which = (A) number of times I have chosen to listen to the album to-date + (B) anticipated future listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment